Kathryn is a seasoned wildlife biologist with a passion for camping. She possesses extensive knowledge about food storage in territories frequented by bears and loves imparting her practical advice on maintaining safety for both humans and bears. Kathryn is also celebrated for her innovation in weaving wild edibles into camping cuisine.
When it comes to camping, finding a recipe that is cheap, quick, and healthy can be a challenge. But fear not, I have just the recipe for you! This one-pot veggie pasta is a great example.
One-Pot Veggie Pasta
This one-pot veggie pasta is not only delicious, but it's also easy to make and budget-friendly. Plus, it's packed with nutrients to keep you energized during your camping adventures.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here's how to make it:
1. Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over your campfire or camping stove.
2. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until the onion is translucent.
3. Next, add the bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir everything together and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. While the sauce is simmering, bring a separate pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
6. Once the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add the cooked pasta to the pot. Stir everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
7. Let the pasta cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld together.
8. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly before serving.
And there you have it, a delicious, cheap, quick, and healthy camping recipe that can be made in just one pot! This one-pot veggie pasta is not only easy to make, but it's also packed with nutrients from the vegetables and whole wheat pasta.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or spices. You can also top it with grated cheese or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast for an extra boost of flavor. And remember, always store your food properly to prevent spoilage and keep your camping trip safe and enjoyable.
So the next time you're planning a camping trip and need a quick and healthy meal, give this one-pot veggie pasta a try. It's sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you fueled for all your outdoor adventures!