Jared is a vegan chef and outdoor enthusiast. He believes that plant-based eating is not only healthy but also sustainable for the environment. He loves to create delicious vegan meals that are easy to prepare and perfect for camping trips.
Hey there! If you're planning a long flight, it's important to pack some healthy snacks to keep you energized and satisfied throughout the journey. As a vegan chef and outdoor enthusiast, I've got some great suggestions for you. Here are some of the best snacks to bring on a long flight:
1. Fresh Fruits: Fruits are a fantastic option for a healthy and refreshing snack. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which will keep you feeling full and hydrated. Some great choices include apples, oranges, grapes, and berries. Just make sure to pack fruits that are easy to eat and won't make a mess.
2. Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy fats and protein, which will help keep you satisfied during your flight. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, and pumpkin seeds are all excellent choices. Just be mindful of portion sizes, as nuts can be high in calories.
3. Trail Mix: Trail mix is a convenient and delicious snack option for long flights. You can make your own mix by combining your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and even some dark chocolate chips for a sweet treat. It's a great source of energy and will keep you going throughout your journey.
4. Energy Bars: Energy bars are a quick and easy snack option for travel. Look for bars that are made with natural ingredients and are low in added sugars. There are plenty of vegan options available that are packed with nuts, seeds, and dried fruits for a nutritious and filling snack.
5. Veggie Sticks with Hummus: If you're craving something savory, pack some sliced veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers, and pair them with a small container of hummus. It's a great way to get some extra veggies in and satisfy your hunger.
6. Rice Cakes or Crackers: Rice cakes or whole-grain crackers are a great option for a light and crunchy snack. You can top them with nut butter, avocado, or even some vegan cheese for added flavor.
Remember to pack your snacks in small, resealable bags or containers to make them easy to access during your flight. Also, be mindful of any food restrictions or allergies you may have when choosing your snacks.
So there you have it! These are some of the best snacks to bring on a long flight. They are healthy, easy to pack, and will keep you fueled throughout your journey. Bon voyage!