🌱 Vegan Jerky Recipe
You will need:
- 2 cups of textured vegetable protein
- 1.5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- First, take 2 cups of textured vegetable protein and soak it in 1.5 cups of warm vegetable broth. Let it sit for about 15 minutes until it's fully rehydrated.
- While the vegetable protein is rehydrating, you can start preparing the marinade. In a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix it well until all the ingredients are blended together.
- After the vegetable protein is rehydrated, drain any excess broth. Then, combine it with the marinade you prepared. Make sure every piece of vegetable protein is coated with the marinade. Let it sit for about 2 hours to absorb all the flavors.
- When the marinating time is up, preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating up, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the marinated vegetable protein evenly on the baking sheet. Make sure not to overcrowd the baking sheet to allow the vegetable protein to bake evenly.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until it's crispy. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
- After baking, let the vegan jerky cool down before packing. This will help it stay crispy and prevent it from getting soggy.
This vegan jerky can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. It's a perfect protein-packed snack for your camping trip.
Embarking on a camping adventure doesn't mean you have to compromise on your vegan lifestyle or your love for flavorful snacks. With our easy-to-follow Vegan Jerky recipe, you can enjoy a protein-packed snack that's not only delicious but also respects your dietary choices. This homemade vegan jerky is a game-changer for campers, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts who follow a plant-based diet.
Why Vegan Jerky?
The answer is simple: it's a tasty, nutrient-dense, and portable snack that's perfect for fueling your outdoor adventures. Vegan jerky is high in protein, and our recipe uses textured vegetable protein, a versatile ingredient that's a great source of plant-based protein. Plus, it's lightweight and easy to pack, making it an ideal snack for hiking, camping, or any outdoor activity.
Flavor-Packed and Satisfying
Don't let the 'vegan' tag fool you. This jerky is bursting with flavors, thanks to a marinade that's a perfect balance of savory, smoky, and slightly sweet notes. The combination of soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, liquid smoke, maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper ensures a flavor-packed snack that's sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Easy to Make
One of the best things about this Vegan Jerky recipe is its simplicity. With just a few steps and basic ingredients, you can create a batch of delicious, protein-rich vegan jerky that's perfect for your next camping trip. Plus, it can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week, so you can prepare it ahead of your adventure.
Healthy and Sustainable
Choosing vegan options like this jerky not only aligns with a plant-based diet but also contributes to a more sustainable lifestyle. By opting for textured vegetable protein over traditional meat, you're choosing a snack that's lower in fat, free from cholesterol, and kinder to the environment.
So, whether you're a seasoned vegan or just exploring plant-based options, give this Vegan Jerky recipe a try. It's a delicious, healthy, and satisfying snack that's perfect for your outdoor adventures. Happy camping!