🍪 Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cookies
You will need:
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- First, get your camping stove or fire going and adjust it to a medium heat. You want it hot enough to bake the cookies, but not so hot that they burn.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. These are your dry ingredients and the base of your cookies.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. These are your wet ingredients that will bind the dry ingredients together and add sweetness and flavor to your cookies.
- Next, slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while stirring. Make sure everything is well combined. Then, fold in the dried cranberries. These will add a burst of tangy sweetness to every bite.
- Once your dough is ready, shape it into small balls using your hands. Then, flatten each ball into a cookie shape. They should be about the size of a silver dollar.
- Finally, place the cookies onto your camping stove or a grill over the fire. Let them cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Make sure to flip them halfway through so they cook evenly.
These cookies are a great snack for any time of day and are easy to pack and carry on your camping trip. They're also a great source of energy for those long hikes.
There's something incredibly satisfying about enjoying a homemade cookie while surrounded by nature. And with our Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cookies, you can experience this joy without compromising on your dietary needs. These cookies are not just dairy-free, but they're also packed with nutritious ingredients that will fuel your outdoor adventures.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is rolled oats. Oats are a fantastic source of energy, making them an ideal choice for an on-the-go snack during your camping trip. They're also rich in fiber, which aids digestion and keeps you feeling full longer. If you're looking for more oat-based treats, check out this gluten-free oatmeal cookie recipe for a chewy, hearty, and full-flavored alternative.
Another star player in this recipe is almond flour. Almond flour is a wonderful gluten-free alternative to regular flour and it adds a delightful nutty flavor to the cookies. It's also packed with protein and healthy fats, providing you with sustained energy for those long hikes. For more gluten-free baking ideas, explore these gluten-free cake and cookie recipes.
These cookies also feature dried cranberries, which add a touch of sweetness and a burst of flavor. Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamins, making them a healthy addition to your camping diet. If you're a fan of cranberries, you might also enjoy these gluten-free shortbread cookies with a classic taste.
Finally, we can't forget about the coconut oil, which not only adds a subtle tropical flavor but also serves as a great dairy-free alternative to butter. Coconut oil is known for its health benefits, including boosting heart health and aiding in weight management. If you're interested in more dairy-free baking, discover some delicious dairy-free and gluten-free dessert recipes.
So, whether you're a seasoned camper or a newbie to the great outdoors, these Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cookies are a must-try. They're easy to make, delicious to eat, and perfect for fueling your camping adventures. Happy baking and happy camping!